Pages

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Faces




































You know you're busy when going to the loo counts as a holiday. I'm just working away as usual, but I will be taking half a day off soon to go see Star Trek (punches air).

The first of the sketches above are cartoonyified self portraits, not very much like me, but that wasn't the aim. The second one was a little acrylic sketch I did on some left over paper from my current illustration work. I had to order the paper in specially for this project. I'll post some of the highlights of these illustrations after they've been published, for now they will remain a tantalising mystery.

2 comments:

Declan Shalvey said...

Wow, these are great Lis.

I think they look a LOT like you, not in a strict photo-likeness way, but they're certainly cartooned in a way that makes them easily recoginzable as thee.

Lovely stuff.

Lisa said...

Thanks Dec. I guess they do look a bit like me alright, more the one on the right anyway.